Blog Post 4: Peer Review

In the past few weeks, I have seen many people’s blogs. Everyone has different learning experiences and achievements in this project. I enjoy the moment of appreciating the works of others because I can understand different ideas from me.

Among them, I am most interested in the work of Beatrice Bredikyte, a student from Navigating Through Clothing, and her work is designed a costume for the witch in the story of Hansel and Gretel. The unique part of her work is that the material of the clothes she designed comes from the garbage she made, which is very relevant to the concept of sustainability and nature that she is concerned.

Because of the impact of this global epidemic-COVID 19 disrupted her original plan, but also made her work more unique. She not only made a costume but also made a film to introduce her work, and the film was shot in a real forest, which shocked me a lot.

She used a variety of different angles to shoot costume and matched a bit of weird music, which made me feel like the atmosphere where the witch was going to play. It was great! She also used a drone to capture some views from the sky, creating a real feeling of Hansel and Gretel scene. The clothes she made are also very interesting. Part of the robe used old sheets, and the decorations on the body, such as animal feathers were collected in the forest. He used many natural things to decorate the garment, making this work more like a witch living in the woods.

This is also relevant to her chosen theme of sustainability and nature. She had a lot of ideas pretty creative and helped me broaden my thinking about designing costumes. I can feel her imagination and energy when reading her blog, and she creates a scene that you can enter and enjoy within.

All in all, this is a perfect experience learning new knowledge as well as knows other students from different course.