better lives blog3

In the first fashion drawing class, we explored how to use points and lines to draw the human body in different positions, which reminds me of Gianfranco Ferre, who once served as the chief designer of Dior, Gianfranco Ferre has always been famous for his love of simple lines, elegant materials and bright colors. I didn’t know much about illustration before, but through the introduction of sue, I learned more about Illustrator. We also used different materials, such as fingers, sponges and so on, to create the paintings we wanted.

In the second drawing class,because of the novel coronavirus, we can only learn the drawing skills by watching videos. This course pays more attention to the proportion of human body, and the angle, for example, the relationship between the body and the head, the connection point between the arms and the waist, and I have tried to draw several pictures myself, because I can’t go out to buy materials. I use ballpoint pen and pigment.But in the process of painting, I found that it was not as simple as in the video. I drew carefully and not smoothly,I always can’t grasp her proportion, for example, the head painting is too large, or the arm painting is too thick ,but I believe that as long as I practice more, there will be progress.

In the third drawing class,the main purpose is to pay attention to the proportion of the human body, but at the same time, I also learned to paint a large area of color before painting the details. Before that, I like paints the part of the painting, such as painting the body after the head when is finished, but now I have learned to see a painting in a larger area, to draw the structure and proportion more accurately,I find it easier to draw like this. Even if the painting is wrong, it can be modified in time .

The last drawing class we need to  focus on drawing faces .First measure the proportion of the face, like the distance between the corners of the eyes, the proportion between the forehead, eyes, the bottom of the nose and the mouth. Then draw the shadow on eye socket, nose,make the whole look more three-dimensional.We also used the materials that every family would use, cardboard, which was originally to be thrown away as garbage, but after painting, it became a work of art.

Better lives unit will finish, I learned a lot of skills. In the meantime,, I really learned about sustainability, social responsibility and diversity of fashion.