Blog 4 – peer review

I decide to write a reflection and analyze SEUNG OH’s blog 2(Diversity) after I read so many excellent blogs from everyone else in these better lives section.

Accessed at:

In SEUNG OH’s blog, blogger has fully explained the importance of the diversity in the better lives section, which I have missed in my blogs, this is one of the reasons why I decide to analyze, because it is fully attract my attention, the other reason is  the blogger use her personal experiences to translate the theme – diversity, as well as how the units changed her view of creative.

First of all, she mentioned that these issues cannot be fixed by one person only, which exactly match my point of view, however, SEUNG OH has already to think what ideas can bring to the society, I believe only more and more people are willing to change their mind, these issues will be solved anyway. As she said, living in Korea and America did not give the opportunities to explore different cultures and stories, but London is a city which contain diversity people and cultures. Although people say that London is an inclusive city, when people ’s interests are threatened, the so-called tolerance and diversity are broken, in the period of COVID-19, people still discriminate against Asians and people with masks. this is a point worth thinking about. The other point is as the blogger said, diversity is still in a vague position in the fashion industry, and the improvement of diversity is only symbolic, such as plus size model and different nation model, it is only a different way to promote their brands, there are some  brands have to hire models of different sizes and races under the pressure of public opinion.

Secondly, it is a pleasure to know that how the better lives units have encouraged the blogger start to challenge herself to make some small changes, however, if I have to give some advice, I prefer to know some specific plan on how she works as a member of fashion public relations and communications student, because as I know that fashion PR play an important role in the fashion industry, it is the connection between fashion company and public.  As a stylist, we can decide what we can show to the public, but fashion PR can decide how public to receive these messages in a different way.

At last I want to say social reasonability and sustainable issues are not only appears in the fashion industry, these are the issues that all human need to deal with, so as a student, I hope more and more people can open their mind, start to make the change.