Project outcomes and personal development reflection task

My group got assigned to produce a campaign for Emily Body. The initial idea was to shoot a 60s protest, with 60s make-up, and styling but in today’s times. Which means diverse, vocal about climate change and sustainability. After researching the Emily Bode brand, we noticed how much it was based around its retro aesthetic as well as the diverse range of models picked by the brand. Therefore, we decided to stick around that idea, but still make it personal to each member of the group. 

The project extremely challenged my creativity, because it required me to think outside the box, I got better at creating a full on video concept,  by taking the process step by step: started with a rough mind-map of what I would like to include in the video, initiate to visualize a few scenes to include in chronological order, along with a script and finally the production stage and editing the end product. 

That was the initial process, however due to outside complications the production couldn’t proceed as planned, Covid-19 and quarantine. My group members are all from different countries therefore, each of us had to again really think outside the box. 

Manage to set up meetings through Microsoft Team, to plan the production process of what we had already put down on paper. The first step this time was to find out some copyright regulations regarding assembling videos made from other people. Secondly, we assigned each member of the group a part of the concept to research clips from, which we then discuss at the following meeting. We discussed, the order of the clips and the accuracy to the clients brief. Finally, one member of the group edited the video and the finish product was very satisfying. 

It included diversity, the message of a change in how to shop and how the brand itself makes changes producing its clothing in an environmentally friendly manner. Shows way to recycle from old or unused clothing items, it is short and visually sticks to Emily Bode’s colours, the vibe is also very fall season. 

The creation of this video was though in the worst of situations, very satisfying and pleasing to put together, learned how to work in a group, adapt to the worst-case scenario, think outside the box.