BLOG 2 – BETTER LIVES THEMES

Through the “Better Live”course, let me personally participate in the topics of sustainability, diversity, and social responsibility, and think about how to reflect this theme through collocation, which also affects the way I work in the future.

First of all, I have already learned about sustainability in the subject of my last project. I focus on sustainability and match 5 different looks. And this Better Live course expanded my previous knowledge of them. In my sustainable development project, my understanding of it is environmental protection and environmental protection. So I thought of white pollution (plastic pollution) that impressed me. I started thinking about the theme of white pollution. In the early days, many shopping bags were made of plastic. Also, many food business boxes use plastic products. This problem led to the excessive accumulation of tons of plastic waste. Plastic is difficult to dissolve, and there are toxic substances in the dissolved plastic. The impact on the environment is huge. But because of the social appeal, many businesses are now changing to paper bags, and many consumers will also use reusable bags when they buy goods.

As a future stylist, I am also a communicator. What I need to do is not only to design good-looking styling (although this is indeed the most needed thing for styling); but more importantly, to spread it in my own way Give consumers and people the correct values ​​and attitudes.

Regarding the diversity of fashion, it also made me expands the knowledge of ‘Diversity’. Most people now think that thinness is beauty, expensive is good, and the clothes worn are old things. There are many things that lead to people’s perception of beauty, and some people go crazy in pursuit of objective beauty. There are also girls who suffer from anorexia in order to lose weight. There are also people who spend wrongly in pursuit of ‘fashion’. These problems actually reflect people’s growing misunderstanding of beauty; and even life-threatening in pursuit of the so-called ‘fashion’. In fact, fashion is not regulated. Everything has its beauty and meaning of existence. It’s like this world has different countries, cultures, skin colours, and beliefs. There are different story backgrounds behind each culture.

Fashion is diverse, and fashion cannot have a single form of expression. So in my future work, I will meet partners from different countries, and we will integrate different cultures to express the diversity of fashion. However, I think in my future work, I need to be responsible for society, also I should shoulder the responsibility of beautifying the earth and protecting the environment. While creating fashion, we must also pursue long-term environmental benefits.