Blog 4:Peer review

Blog 4: Peer Reflection

When choosing a blog to peer review, I wanted to insure I chose a blog that I felt I could understand and could even possibly relate with so I could give the most authentic and best review. I decided to use Deepra Gagneja’s  blog 1: ( https://1920betterlivessmc.myblog.arts.ac.uk/2020/05/02/blog-post-1-lecture-reflection-4/ ) which zooms into the themes of diversity and social responsibility and speaks about culture. The first thing I’d have to say I was really impressed with was that she was able to take a personal issue within her life and link it to, 2 different themes which allowed her to then express a general as well as a personal cultural aspect in the blog too. Stemming from a lecture that revolved around Britain, the blog indicates she was able to break it down to the point where she was able to make a personal connection with it which show great understanding and analysis of what the better lives unit is about.

Secondly, she began to make a clear argument between how her culture and possibly how other cultures are being reflected in Britain which then tied the lecture and herself together. She goes on to say how she feels about how her culture is presented in the western world and if there is an effort to present more diversity within cultures which link to what she discussed earlier surrounding where she’s from there are not just one type of colour , there is a variation and that’s not exposed which causes ignorant views when diversity is then brought to the light. She then goes on to talk about how white people have somewhat of a superior role in this country which makes them in charge of how the community is presented , which I totally agree with, however I do also feel like we as an ethnic community as a whole , we do tend to feel like we have the lower hand compared to white, however we don’t ensure we are always presenting a more positive and ambitious image to stop an ignorant perception that you could say western people have of us. I feel like we contribute to what is presented the word just as much a what the western community showcase.

Summing up this blog. I think the person has gone up and beyond and has really made some amazing connections and discussed such a relevant topic and I think many people can relate to what she’s presented. I think tis a strong piece, I also feel she’s captured a lot of the theme within it and she definitely showed how we can increase the quality of life – in her concluding paragraph she speak on how she feels that brand should start exposing the word to different skin tone , body size and etc which shows she know the answers to the problems. Great work in my opinion

1 Comment