Blog 3:Project outcomes and personal development reflection

In better lives, I chose Contemporary Portrait Photography as my course, but in this difficult period, I can only shoot objects to express my ideas,because I am the only one at home and have no photography props. During this period I thought about many issues about sustainable development, such as water use and waste. In modern society, water is very important to us, and humans and animals must depend on it to survive. Speaking of globally, the fashion industry consumes about 79 billion cubic meters of freshwater every year. It is conceivable that without water, human beings will not survive. Without water, there would be no life on earth. However, the problem of water shortage is becoming more and more serious. I think that as a part of us, we should think more about how to solve these problems, such as increasing publicity. One day I saw a glass bottle and an electrical plug and suddenly had an idea, which happened to be related to the water problem I wanted. “Water is very important, we have to charge the water. People without water are like electrical appliances without electricity.” So I used a blank wall as a background and set the glass bottle and plug. But when the film came out the background is green, I don’t think it fits what I want to express a feeling, so I used VSCO to convert the picture to blue, then it can better integrate with my theme, because the water is blue, just look also more natural and comfortable. Later, I submitted this picture. At that time we discussed this picture in class. Danny said that my picture is very interesting and the composition is very good. Then photographer Mark Kean gave me some suggestions. For example, it is good to blend this picture with a portrait of a person and be styling. I was very happy after listening to it, so I wanted to shoot this project after the end of COVID 19. I look forward to what kind of effect it is, and I also wanted to make a video to call people to protect water resources.