Better Lives Blog4- Peer review

I would like to review HuaYu Liu’s first blog- Emerging Technology in fashion.

I chose his blog to comment as I was also listening to the lecture, Emerging Technology by teacher Nick Almond and wanted to see if we had similar viewpoint of technology in the future. Also, I have mainly focused about how to create a sustainable future through Emerging Technology as well. I really enjoyed reading your blog post as not only describing your point of view about the topic but also adding a very interesting example in your blog. 

We have the same viewpoint that emerging technology can really create a sustainable future to our life. As I mentioned in my blog post before, fashion in the future is tightly linked to the technology, sustainability, and connected in each part of the fashion industry. There are lots of company started to use emerging technology such as AI system, 3D software and digital platform to allow people reduce the pollution. Also, you said that due to the coronavirus, we’ve already using various technology or digital platform to receive and communicate with people in the world. At this difficult time, I’m glad that we have these medium not only to receive but also to convey our message to others. In the fashion industry, brands would not be affected by the coronavirus as much as the time before we didn’t have the digital technology. Museum started to create and to post their art works on their online platform to people who want to visit museum in their house. Audience can use their social media or other platform to shop online or to watch fashion show anywhere. The subtitle of your fourth paragraph, it is easily to understand that ‘Emerging technology is already with us.’  

Following on from his strong fifth paragraph ‘Emerging technologies will be a significant part of the fashion industry in the future.’ He said that lots of fashion brand would like to covey the concept of the sense of future through emerging technology. I really like your example about a new designer, Angel Chen. I never heard about this person before so it is a very good and interesting reference for me to understand the new way of combining technology into fashion industry. I agree with his viewpoint that creativity and imagination are significant to our future, and emerging technology definitely will be the mainstream in the future of fashion industry.

Overall, I think he describing and analyzing the importance of Emerging Technology in fashion industry very clear for me. I can easily understand your point of view that technology is an integral part of our life to create a sustainable future and to help us protecting the planet. As a fashion student, we need to use what we learn to create a better live.