blog post 2- theme reflection

The better lives themes will make me change how I do my work, because I will consider all aspects whether that is, power, perspectives, nature and society. As well as always referring to sustainability, diversity, and social responsibility. However already having focused on sustainability on one of my previous units, the better lives has challenged me to perceive other values and ways of the work of sustainability. This also gives me more research to do and branch off to new ideas or possibly have more evidence for my work. I feel as if it makes you become more aware as well, and consider other things, whether that is other individuals work or group work. All themes that I have explored during the lectures has made me learn more deeper into each theme and a way to approach them in my future work. Some I would of never thought about even including, for example democracy, however I will now be including that as well when I do my work, I think another thing I can definitely look more into doing is collaboration, because I always just stick to myself, only because I feel as if its easier. However, from collaborations you could certainly have a better outcome or learn a lot more from it, whether that’s the way someone works or the way they think or their ideas, which can then reflect onto your own work. You may also come out with something stronger as well as you would have two people working together instead of one, although I feel as if sometimes it can be hard because the different opinions or views and then having to negotiate, but it’s definitely something I will look more into for my future work, it’s also a great way to meet new people. For my future work it’s given me better ideas to build up more research into different areas of work whether that is society or being able to mention power of the affects it has or various topics to choose instead of just a generic topic, meanwhile pushing for sustainable ways reflecting on society and culture which will make my work stronger and going out of my comfort zone pushing myself to do better. Better lives unit is also testing me, due to the groups we are put in and how we can create our presentation based on the brand we receive. From my point of view, I want to excel in group work and become more familiar with it, and adapting new skills and perspectives, which I can then carry out in my future work and throughout this project.