lecture reflection 1

This lecture discussed about the POWER AND fashion, money, media, consumer, protest. One of the most impressive parts to me was about the ‘power and media’. The lecture mentioned the media as the most influential means of advertising today. An example is what happened recently when Instagram, the most advanced of the most influential SNS, became very popular. Online social media such as Instagram have just begun to become active in earnest, but the size is the largest at present. In this media, you can share the fashion items that you wear or enjoy and your life by uploading photos or videos. The posts can be viewed by any Instagram user anywhere in the world and c-an be influenced by them. We can look at this in terms of both the seller and the consumer. From the seller’s perspective, an influential person can achieve global advertising effects by dressing up products and posting postings. From a consumer’s perspective, fashion has become more accessible. Not only has it become more accessible, but it has also turned into a simpler and easier route to purchase. Of course, there are many positive factors, but there is also some negative ones. Advertisers often use this phenomenon to produce advertisements that have a bad effect. Consumers are more exposed to risk because they accept it in ignorance. Most users of Instagram do not upload photos of once-on items. It’s because they have the idea that I have to wear new, trendy clothes every day to show luxury to others. There is a situation where people buy clothes, wear them once and throw them away without wearing them again simply to show people. As a result, many of the clothes consumed in that year are discarded.

With the development of social networking services, diversity of expression and the lives of many people have become very easy to look into. There has been huge changes for sellers and consumers.

In fact, fashion trends are changing very quickly these days. It makes a difference in a very short period of time and the sellers make it like a rule. Rather, it changed the industry as if a big change had to take place as the seasons changed. And as SNS became active, this situation and the show life became worse. And as SNS became active, this situation and the show life became worse. To show people only, take pictures of expensive products, post postings, and show fake lives. In other words, luxury has increased. The media should support us to live a more meaningful, rich and vibrant life with the characteristics that it has strong radio waves and can handle wider boundaries more easily. Largely influential Influencers and companies should use fashion to better communicate with consumers and change popular consumerism, their wasteful way of thinking.

I had not thought much about the effects of the media before. However, as I was studying after taking the lecture, I thought I might be a victim of the media.